10:10, August 05 12 0 usmagazine.com

2018-08-05 10:10:05

 

Lance Bass Loses Bid on ‘Brady Bunch’ House: ‘I Was Used’

It’s been an emotional weekend for Lance Bass. The former boybander announced that his offer for the iconic Brady Bunch house had been accepted, only to reveal hours later that he had lost the bid due to “unforeseen circumstances.”

The 39-year-old Dancing With the Stars alum took to Twitter on Saturday, August 4, saying that he was “super excited to announce they accepted my offer on the #BradyBunch house last night!!!”

Hours later, he tweeted, “With a heavy heart I post this…” alongside a lengthy statement.

Lance Bass, Brady Bunch House
The Brady Bunch House Janet Gough / AFF-USA.com / MEGA

“Marcia Marcia Marcia,” he began. “I’m feeling heartbroken today. As many of you may have heard, we placed the winning bid on the iconic Brady Bunch house — at least that’s what we were told. The agent representing the estate informed us we made the winning big (which was WAY over the asking price) after the final deadline for all offers had passed — even writing up the ‘winning bid’ for my team after informing me of the good news. Isn’t a deadline a deadline?”

Bass — who was one of the famous faces eyeing the home along with Miley Cyrus and Jonathan Scott — said that winning the home had been “a dream come true” adding that he “spent the night celebrating amongst friends, family, and friends alike.”