14:51, February 01 26 0 usmagazine.com

2020-02-01 14:51:05

 

Meghan Markle to Guest-Star on Jessica Mulroney Netflix Wedding Show: Report

Returning to her roots. Meghan Markle is making a return to television with a new wedding reality show on Netflix.

The 38-year-old duchess will be guest-starring on the upcoming Canadian series I Do Redo, starring her best friend, Toronto-based stylist Jessica Mulroney, according to the New York Post’s Page Six.

Meghan will reportedly be making “sporadic” appearances on the 10-part series, a source close to production told the publication. The show, which “revisits first-time wedding disasters before re-making the wedding dreams of 10 devoted couples,” will feature 30-minute episodes and air internationally on Netflix, according to a press release.

It not known whether the royal will be receiving compensation for her work on the series, Page Six reported.

Meghan’s Netflix deal comes just three days after Us Weekly confirmed that the former Suits actress was shopping around for an agent following her and Prince Harry‘s exit from the royal family.

“Meghan is actively looking for representation. She has begun outreach,” a source told Us on Friday, January 29, as first revealed on Us‘ “Hot Hollywood” podcast. “It can be a manager or an agent, but she’s reaching out to people to find someone to represent her for future professional projects.”

Harry, 35, and Meghan have been in talks with a few Hollywood heavyweights in their quest to take a “step back” as senior members of the royal family and become “financially independent.”

In July 2019, Harry gushed about his wife’s voiceover work to Disney CEO Bob Iger at the Lion King premiere in London. He told Iger at time that Meghan was “really interested” in future work with the media conglomerate. Iger, 68, was open to the idea, telling the prince, “Sure. We’d love to try.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also chatted with The Lion King director Jon Favreau at the event, with Meghan jokingly telling him, “That’s really why we’re here — to pitch.”

The Horrible Bosses star landed a voiceover deal with Disney nearly six months later, according to The Times. Meghan reportedly turned down direct compensation for the project, instead asking for all funds to be donated to Elephants Without Borders, a charitable organization dedicated to conserving wildlife and natural resources.

The couple, who share 8-month-old son Archie, announced their decision to “step back” from senior royal duties and divide their time between the U.K. and North America, in January. Queen Elizabeth II,  Prince Charles, Prince William and Harry reached an agreement on their transition, which will go into effect in the spring of 2020. Buckingham Palace also announced that Harry and Meghan would no longer use their His and Her Royal Highness titles.

The royal couple couldn’t be more thrilled about the change, a source told Us exclusively last month. Meghan is “so happy” to about their next step, and Harry is “really excited about the next chapter in their lives” too.

Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly's Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!